REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., November 1, 2011 –iPass Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS), a leading provider of mobility services for enterprises and service providers, today announced iPass Open Mobile 2.0. The latest Open Mobile platform serves as a gateway to the Cloud, with a new generation of enterprise mobility services, providing businesses and their mobile employees with frictionless connectivity that does not compromise security or escalate telecommunication costs.
iPass Open Mobile 2.0 enables enterprises to deliver and manage remote and mobile access across their workforce. At the same time, Open Mobile provides visibility into device mobility usage on a granular, department or company-wide level so that various policies can be put into operation simply across networks and devices. Open Mobile also provides broadband access to more than 600,000 Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide. New features in this release include:
- Employee Usage Meter enables Android and iOS smartphone users to audit their Wi-Fi and 3G usage, and stay on top of their service plans. It will alert them when they are reaching their monthly limit.
- Enhanced endpoint integrity verification determines the security of the laptop at the point of connection, ensuring that trust is established immediately before it has a chance to connect to the Internet or network.
- Login Assist provides simplicity for users to connect instantly to numerous cloud based applications from their laptop without having to enter a username or password.
- Enhanced Usage Limits and Alerts ensure that enterprises and mobile employees can monitor and easily balance cost and productivity concerns.
- Intuitive reports for tracking mobility usage across smartphones, tablets and laptops.
“CIOs and IT executives need support for more effective management and control of mobile devices as managing an enterprise mobility strategy is a constantly moving target. With iPass Open Mobile 2.0, IT departments can provide employees frictionless access to be well connected while addressing visibility, cost and control challenges that are overwhelming many enterprises currently,” said Barbara Nelson, chief technology officer at iPass. “At the same time, when mobile workers are well connected, they are more productive everywhere. An effective enterprise mobility strategy aligns closely with a company’s core objectives to provide tangible results by connecting mobile workers with access whenever, wherever and on whatever device they choose.”
“Enterprises need to ensure that mobile employees can access the always-on experience, as mobility is a key part of a successful enterprise strategy,” said Andrew Brown, Strategy Analytics director for Wireless Enterprise Strategies. “CIOs and IT managers face the simultaneous challenge of trying to integrate mobility and managing individual liable devices that operate between tightly ‘ring–fenced’ corporate environments or opened environments.”
iPass helps enterprises and service providers ensure their employees and customers will be well connected. Founded in 1996, iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS) delivers the world’s largest commercial-grade Wi-Fi network and most trusted connectivity platform. With over 600,000 connection venues, iPass gives its customers always-on, frictionless connectivity anywhere in the world – easily, quickly, securely and cost effectively. Additional information is available at www.iPass.com or on Smarter Connections, the iPass blog.