iPass Unveils Hotspot Finder 2.0
Provides mobile employee community with valuable productivity tools and advanced end-user features for navigating more than 150,000 Wi-Fi hotspots in 99 countries
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., — December 7, 2010 — iPass Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS), a leading provider of enterprise mobility services, today announced iPass Hotspot Finder 2.0, a brand new version of its popular mobile employee tool for navigating more than 150,000 Wi-Fi hotspots in 99 countries. Hotspot Finder 2.0 delivers valuable productivity tools and advanced end-user features for mobile employees including:
- Ratings and reviews – provides richer insight into the quality of Wi-Fi connections and venues with user-generated ratings and reviews.
- Trip planning – identifies hotspots near a destination, saves the hotspot map and conveniently retrieves it when needed through My Trips.
- Favorites – stores and organizes favorite hotspots.
- Geotracking – leverages smartphone geotracking coordinates to deliver nearby hotspot data.
- At-a-glance venue information – includes venue type, location, as well as easy access to information on iPass In-Flight Wi-Fi on participating airlines.
- Smartphone and laptop versions available.
“Busy mobile workers want to know where they can connect and what the experience will be like in advance,” said Steven Wastie, senior vice president of marketing and product management at iPass. “Our hotspot finder tool is used by more than 50,000 mobile employees a month. By leveraging the information and opinions of the iPass community of mobile workers, we expect Hotspot Finder 2.0 to become a reliable source of Wi-Fi hotspot performance and quality data.”
Founded in 1996, iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS) is a leading provider of enterprise mobility services with 3,500 customers, including more than 420 of the Forbes Global 2000. Additional information is available at www.iPass.com or on Smarter Connections, the iPass blog.