iPass Talks Enterprise Mobility Tips and Tricks with New Mobility Know-How Video EduSeries
Three-part series helps give enterprises practical advice for better enterprise mobility management and increased mobile workforce productivity
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., — September 7, 2010 — iPass Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS), a leading provider of enterprise mobility services, today announced a new Video EduSeries called “Mobility Know-How!” The short and free educational videos provide practical advice to IT on gaining better control over the sometimes chaotic pieces of enterprise mobility management, while increasing mobile workforce productivity. The three-part Video EduSeries includes:
- Part 1: Controlling Costs (available now): – provides tips on how enterprises can drive down connection, roaming and 3G costs with Dan Little, director of customer support at the Hay Group and Gary Fowler, director of product management at iPass. Secure Any Connection (available now): discusses how enterprises can protect corporate data and internet access with Little and Fowler.
- Part 2: Visibility and Insight into Mobility Costs (coming soon) talks about policies and usage reporting needs with Little and David Gutierrez, senior training manager at iPass. Secure, Simple Connections (coming soon): shows enterprises how to connect any device to any network, with Little and Fowler.
- Part 3: Tailored Connection Management (coming soon): provides a demonstration of important features for a lightweight, customizable connection manager.
Gary Fowler, director of product management at iPass
- “Now users connect with iPhones and Android devices, they connect with BlackBerry devices, they connect with Symbian devices and now they even connect with iPads, so it is important when evaluating connectivity solutions that you have a solution that meets all of those environments and not just a PC.”
Dan Little, director of customer support at Hay Group
- “The internet is a very bad place if you are not paying attention and we need to make sure that our intellectual property is always secure. iPass provides us with a great tool because before you can connect to the Hay Group domain the iPass tool remediates anti-virus, anti malware and spyware solutions to make sure you are as up to date outside the office as you are in the office. That way we can go to sleep at night knowing we have done everything we can to protect our data.”
- “Our visibility into the iPass service has really helped us manage better who uses what, where people go and the amount of connectivity that we have. Through the iPass reporting tools I can track our usage and I can see if we are going to certain areas over and over again. I can also see who is and who isn’t using the tool.”
About the Series
The series is sequential, and information to view subsequent videos will be emailed to participants. Once users have gone through the series, all of the videos will be available, with new ones to be added in the future.
Founded in 1996, iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS) is a leading provider of enterprise mobility services with 3,500 customers, including more than 420 of the Forbes Global 2000. Additional information is available at www.iPass.com or on Smarter Connections, the iPass blog.