iPass Open Mobile client for smartphones and tablets
Seamless connectivity for mobile workers
The iPass Open Mobile client for smartphones and tablets delivers a consistent and intuitive experience for mobile workers who need to connect to the iPass Mobile Network from their Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iOS-based mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) and Windows 8/Windows RT tablets.
The iPass Open Mobile client for smartphones and tablets empowers mobile users and IT administrators to access the iPass Mobile Network across the globe and take control of difficult-to-manage distributed and disparate mobile devices. It’s perfect for managing connectivity from BYOD and IT managed devices.
- iPass Wi-Fi connectivity: Provides the ability to connect to iPass Mobile Network Wi-Fi Hotspots using existing enterprise credentials or custom iPass credentials. Users enjoy a single, consistent interface when connecting to iPass Wi-Fi, allowing them to avoid purchasing Wi-Fi day passes or worry about roaming with cellular data.
- At-a-glance dashboard: Provides a view of current connection status, historic data usage, and previous connections, plus a quick link to the iPass Hotspot finder.
- Usage Meter (Wi-Fi + cellular data usage): Provides visual graphs representing historic data usage (MB/GB) over Wi-Fi and cellular data connections.
- Usage Alerts (user defined): Users can set up usage alerts to notify themselves before reaching their cellular data limit on their smartphone and tablet. The alert notifications can be customized, based on the billing start date and monthly data limit.
- iPass Hotspot Finder: A convenient tool enabling users to locate available iPass Wi-Fi hotspots through search or geolocation.
Open Mobile clients: smartphones and tablets
- Open Mobile for iOS: iOS 4.3 or later (including iOS 5.0.x) devices, including iPhone 3GS or later, iPod Touch 3rd Gen or later and iPad/iPad 2
- Open Mobile for Android: Android 2.2 or later
- Open Mobile for Windows Touch: Windows 8 and Windows RT