iPass Open Mobile client for laptops
Ensure productivity with zero-click ease of use
The iPass Open Mobile client for laptops is lightweight and always on. It provides easy, seamless connectivity across iPass, customer, and third-party networks, and allows you to mix and match carrier networks without disrupting your users.
The iPass Open Mobile client for laptops allows organizations to provide granular options for how employees connect to iPass Wi-Fi (the iPass Mobile Network), campus Wi-Fi, mobile broadband (3G/4G), Ethernet, and dial, using a single platform to manage all connections. Open Mobile also enables cost and security controls that provide virtual private network (VPN) integration options; mobile broadband 3G/4G usage controls for both data roaming and data usage; endpoint integrity verification that checks the security of the device at the point of connection; and several additional options for setting network connection and restriction policies. Insight into an organization’s mobility usage is provided through user and device activity and summary reports as well as mobile broadband usage reports.
iPass Open Mobile on laptops provides a true universal connection manager, allowing users to leverage the world’s largest commercial Wi-Fi network as a cost-effective alternative to mobile broadband data roaming. Users no longer need to worry about data usage limits or expensing Wi-Fi day passes back from multiple devices.
- iPass Wi-Fi connectivity: Provides the ability to connect to iPass Mobile Network hotspots using existing enterprise credentials or custom iPass credentials. Users enjoy a single, consistent interface when connecting to iPass Wi-Fi, so they can avoid purchasing Wi-Fi day passes and worrying about expensive roaming with cellular data.
- Ethernet connectivity: Manage connections for Ethernet connections as well as connect to iPass Ethernet locations
- Dial connectivity: Connect to iPass dial-up locations
- On-campus Wi-Fi connectivity: Manage campus Wi-Fi connections and apply policy to the connections
- Mobile broadband (3G/4G) connectivity: Manage mobile broadband connections and apply policy to those connections (for embedded or USB-based mobile broadband devices)
- At-a-glance dashboard: Provides a view of current connection status, historic data usage, and previous connections, plus a quick link to the iPass Hotspot finder
- Usage Meter (Wi-Fi + Cell): Provides historic data usage over Wi-Fi and mobile broadband (3G/4G) data connections
- Usage Alerts (User defined): Users can set up usage alerts to notify themselves before reaching their data limit on mobile broadband devices (3G/4G).
- Connection Quality Test: Provides information to the user on the throughput (megabytes per second) and latency of their current Wi-Fi connection, useful in determining if their current connection is suitable for activities like video conferencing, video streaming and web browsing
- Hotspot Finder (online): A convenient tool enabling users to locate available iPass Wi-Fi hotspots through search or geolocation
- VPN integration: Allows the Open Mobile client to auto-launch a VPN connection for common VPNs after initiating an Internet connection
- Open Mobile client for Windows: Windows XP; Windows Vista (32/64-bit); Windows 7 (32/64-bit) and Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
- Open Mobile client for Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard); 10.7 (Lion); and 10.8 (Mountain Lion)