Workers seamlessly connecting anywhere are more productive everywhere
You can’t afford unproductive mobile workers. 3G is congested and slow; 4G is hard to find. Roaming costs are prohibitive. So-called “free” Wi-Fi is riddled with security risks and performance issues. Mobile services are quickly moving into the cloud.
But with iPass you get access to the iPass Mobile Network, the world’s largest commercial Wi-Fi network. Users get fast, secure connectivity virtually anywhere they roam, domestically and internationally. And a world-class connectivity platform increases control and reduces the cost of mobility.
Challenges for the enterprise
Mobile employees expect to be able to work anywhere, anytime, with seamless connections and unlimited data access on any device.
So your IT organization faces challenges: managing a growing mobile workforce with the proliferation of bring-your-own-device (BYOD); lack of control, resulting in increased data loss and security risks; and often a mandate to manage mobility costs and enable employee productivity.
iPass Open Mobile
iPass Open Mobile enables organizations to provide mobile employees with seamless connectivity to the iPass Mobile Network, providing a consistent user experience across smartphones, tablets, and laptops, while avoiding costly roaming charges and expensive Wi-Fi day passes. Organizations gain visibility into enterprise, group, individual, and device mobility and can easily enforce expense and security policies—helping to reduce the total cost of mobility.
iPass Open Mobile helps organizations:
Get Connected: By providing employees with a consistent and intuitive connectivity experience across the breadth of mobile networks and devices, iPass:
- Provides access to the iPass Mobile Network, the world’s largest commercial Wi-Fi network
- Enables quick and flexible deployment to IT-liable and end-user-liable devices with minimal IT involvement, providing BYOD users with the same connectivity experience with their personal devices that they have with their IT managed devices
Take Control: By providing organizations a single point of control to enforce costs and compliance measures across the mobile workforce, iPass:
- Allows organizations to avoid costly 3G/4G roaming charges as well as negates the need for users to expense back costly Wi-Fi day passes by providing simple and easy access to the iPass Mobile Network wherever users travel
- Integrates with existing enterprise security, directory, and business systems
Gain Insight: By providing a deep level of reporting on and analysis of mobile usage across all networks and all devices, iPass:
- Allows a single bill for all user access, with support for cost-center departmental billing as well as individual credit card billing
- Ensures that organizations have access to usage data across users and devices
iPass Open Mobile consists of the following components:
- iPass Open Mobile client for smartphones and tablets: The iPass Open Mobile Client for smartphones and tablets delivers a consistent and intuitive experience for mobile workers who need to use these devices to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots that are part of the iPass Mobile Network
- iPass Open Mobile client for laptops: The iPass Open Mobile Client for Laptops (Windows and Macintosh) is lightweight and always on, providing frictionless connectivity for mobile workers across iPass, customer, and third-party networks, allowing organizations to mix and match carrier networks without disrupting users.
- iPass Open Mobile Portal: A web interface for IT managers and other personnel to manage the full-service life cycle for Open Mobile. It provides visibility, control, and a high degree of automation in managing mobility across the organization.
- iPass Mobile Services: Enables organizations to create and manage policies to implement their own global connectivity strategy.